According to our research, two-thirds of banks and financial services firms have application development backlogs, and less than half say that the situation has improved since last year. If you feel like legacy gridlock, regulatory compliance, and security overheads are slowing the pace of digital innovation for your firm, you are not alone.
Over 3,500 IT professionals from 116 countries shared their insights in one of the most comprehensive research reports on the state of application development. In this concise summary, we explore how banks and financial services firms are performing on a vast number of app dev performance measures, including:
- Demand for new software applications
- Average development times for web and mobile apps
- Backlogs—length and whether they are improving
- Ability to hire required development skills
- Adoption of agile and DevOps practices
To find out more, download the banking and financial services industry report.